Bush Mechanics Claymation using iPads
Suitable for years 3 to 7
The Museum has said goodbye to the Bush Mechanics Exhibition as it hits the road in term 3, however, the popular Claymation program will continue. Linking to the Claymation episode of the Bush Mechanics series students will make a short movie using stop motion animation depicting Aboriginal bush mechanic themes and vibrant characters.
Student learning: HASS, design and technology, digital technology, Media Arts and ATSI cross curriculum priorities. Hands on learning and great team building!
RESOURCE MATERIALS and CURRICULUM CONTENT
Teacher resources and activities for students years 6 – 9 to do before and after the visit are an integral part of the exhibition and are available when schools book in for the exhibition.
The education package uses a cross curriculum approach to learning.
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture
· Years 7 and 8 Design and Technologies: Knowledge and Understanding
· Years 9 and 10 Design and Technologies: Processes and Production Skills.
· Building on HASS Year 3, the impact of changing technology on peoples lives
· Building on Geography Year 3, The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and human
Links to SA Teaching for Effective learning
Domain 4: Personalise and connect learning 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4