George Brooks Library officially open

HELLO

After many years of hard work, on Sunday 20 October the George Brooks Reference Library at the National Motor Museum was officially launched by Professor Julian McNeil, Lord Montagu Trophy Recipient and long time Museum friend and associate, Terry Parker. Friends, Museum staff, volunteers and motoring enthusiasts alike celebrated the generosity of George Brooks and marvelled at his substantial reference collection. A display of his 1909 Humber motor car and some of his personal items created a talking point on the day of memories of the man and his motoring passion. 

Housed in the Peerless Roller Mill building at the National Motor Museum, the George Brooks Library is Australia’s largest reference library dedicated to motoring history. The library has been named in honor of George’s long term commitment to the Museum, but in particular for his years of researching and publishing South Australian and Veteran motoring history. His bequest to the Museum has enabled the development of a formal motoring reference library which is now available for researchers to visit and use by appointment (Tuesdays preferred). 

Tell us what you think or know by adding a comment